k, so about me:
- I was born in 1971. I am male. I am 5″10.
- I have two children. My son was born in 1989, my daughter in 1990.
- I have been lucky enough to be with a beautiful and talented woman who I love dearly since 1994, a few years after my separation from the mother of my two children.
- I love to read, and play on my computer.
- I am a complete computer Geek.
- I love Linux. Ubuntu and Debian are my current personal favorites.
- I love my pets, both cats and dog.
- I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy books, and have recently discovered I really enjoy Military Fantasy.
- I keep coming up with big plots for books, but sit down and draw a blank for the basic stories.
- I am originally from Frewsburg, NY but I live in Florida and love it.
- I love the Ocean. I like Cruising, sitting at the beach, watching dolphins, bodyboarding, snorkeling and just in general being near the ocean. I am bored to death by fishing.
I have many favorite authors and books. Here are a few in no real order.
- Anne McCaffrey : has been one of my long standing favorites, Pern was just cool.
- George R. R. Martin : A really interesting writer. The Political Plot is very interesting.
- Piers Anthony : Xanth got me hooked, have loved lots since.
- Marion Zimmer Bradley : The Darkover books have been a long standing favorite.
- Roger Zelazny : The Amber books were awesome. So awesome I named my son out of them.
- Michael Moorcock : The Eternal Champion books were good fun. An Easy read, but entertaining.
- Chris Bunch : Emmy happened to bring one of his home from the library for me. I loved it.
- John Scalzi : The Old Man’s War is a wonderful Series! I really enjoyed it a lot!
- Dave Duncan : I have really enjoyed the stories of the Kings Blades.
- Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman : The Dragonlance books were really good. 🙂
- Anne Rice : I enjoyed the Vampire Books, and some of the Witches books.
- Frank Herbert : Dune was and is awesome. His son Brian has picked them up and is doing a decent job also.
- R.A. Salvatore : Drizzt is the coolest Dark Elf out. End of story.
- Melanie Rawn : I loved the Sunrunners! Awesome books.
- Patricia A. McKillip : I loved the Earthmaster Books. Was an interesting set of books.
- Jean Lorrah : I enjoyed the Savage Empire Books. They were a good read.
- JRR Tolkien : The Hobbit and the Return of the King were my first books back in First grade or so.
- C.S. Lewis : Ok, so these days, I do not read them much, but I have revisited the Narnia books once or twice.
If you are looking for hard to find out of date books, I highly recommend Alibris.com.
TV /Movies :
I am a big Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan, so I tend to watch a lot of those types of shows.
Here are the shows I can think of currently.
Shows I like currently on TV:
- Doctor Who – They have really breathed life into this classic!
- The Simpsons – How can you not love the Simpsons? Always funny, always creative.
- Arrow – Super hero shows. They at least last because they have mass appeal. Decent story.
- Flash – Has a bit more humor then the Flash, still decent story lines, and super villans. Cool!
- Humans – Love the Creative way they make these robots creepy!
- Mr Robot – Kind of an interesting look at the corporate world and the hacker world.
- NCIS – I will Gibbs slap you if you do not know this show!
- Most MMA stuff on TV I like as well.
Shows I have liked that died:
- Stargate Atlantis – I skipped watching Stargate and Atlantis for a long time, but my whole family kept asking me if I had watched the latest episode.. Finally I watched them and now I am hooked, so of course it died.
- Almost Human – This was my favorite show! I really enjoyed it. The humor was awesome!
- House – I really enjoy seeing House as the know it all who is totally socially inept.
- Burn Notice – Fiona is the best character ever!
- Torchwood – A spinoff of Dr. Who, we follow Capt. Jack as he is stuck in our time, fighting the Aliens that keep appearing on Earth. Interesting. I am actually liking a lot of these BBC shows.
- Heroes – I loved the first season of this, I only hope it keeps going the way it started. Season 2 has been more of the same. In fact, they managed to bring back the main villain. How annoying! Kinda on the fence currently.
- Sanctuary – A cool monsters are among us film. Only this time, we are not just out to kill them, we are out to help give them a place to exist.
- Eureka – Funny Sci-Fi. Really enjoy it.
- Demons-Kinda seems like they took the Buffy the Vampire idea and reversed a bunch of things.. The main character is male.. It takes place in England, with an American “Watcher”. It is kinda interesting.
- Forever – I really enjoyed this. Of course it died.
- Stargate Universe
- Bully Beatdown
- Chuck – Very funny! Awesome comedy spy show.
- Pushing Daisies -This was a funny little show.. Very quirky..
- Life – A cop who was setup for the murder of his partner has proved his innocence and is now out to find the real killers. The twist? He has a large settlement and is back on the force.
- Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles – A TV show spin-off of the Movie version of the Terminator. Really enjoying it!
- Kyle Xy – Has a lot of things that remind me of Dark Angel.
- Primeval – A pretty cool idea.. Windows to different times opening up randomly around England, possibly the world. Prehistoric creatures keep popping up in modern day life.
- The Sarah Jane Adventures -A spin off of Doctor Who. One of his companions from long ago and where she is now and how he influenced what she is doing now. Very Cool.
- Surface – This was a cool and mysterious show. I really liked all the characters. Nim was just the coolest thing! I will miss it.
- The 4400 – This is simply awesome. I love the abilities.
- Battlestar Galactica – Is not bad, but the drama goes overboard sometimes.
- New Amsterdam – Very cool idea.. The Immortal who has lived in NY City for 100’s of years, and watched it grow up. Now a cop and solving crimes..
- Blood Ties – Has a Anne Rice feel to the whole Vampire thing.
- Dark Angel – I think this is where Jessica Alba got her start. And who doesn’t enjoy watching a hot woman kick butt? The Sci-fi twist was pretty good. She wasn’t just hot, she was genetically engineered, obviously.. Just look at her!? LOL!
- Invisible Man – I thought it was kinda interesting. Same old thing in one respect, but with a twist of humor.
- Stargate SG-1 – I enjoyed these. I avoided them for a really long time because Richard Dean Anderson annoyed me in Mcgyver. After I got over that, and watched the character he played in SG1, I actually got to like him.
- Firefly – Written by Joss Whedon, the writer of Buffy, Firefly is an interesting look at the future of space. Brings a Cowboy view to the future.
- The Bionic Woman – Was a cool remake of the Bionic Woman from the 70’s and 80’s. I really thought it was pretty good, so of course it was canceled.
- Star trek NG – Having watched Star Trek as a kid, and even then realizing it was a bit hoaxie, I was thrilled to see Star Trek come back as a Teenager. I watched this all the time, whenever I could. In fact, my daughter was delivered in the middle of the Season Premier in 1991 of this episode.
- Star trek Voyager – An interesting version of Star Trek. Not my favorite, but had some interesting characters.
- Star Trek Enterprise – I was very disappointed they killed this. I actually liked it better then anything other then Next Gen.
- Star Trek Deep Space 9 – Soap Opera in space. My least favorite of the Star Trek Universe. Still better then many things on TV. 🙂
- Moonlight – Another Vampire series. More of the same, but has an interesting set of characters. Not my favorite, but better then nothing.
- Journeyman – A cool show with an interesting Quantum Leap idea to it. Very cool.. Will be missed.
- Dresden Files – I really like the whole magic in everyday world premise.
- Babylon 5 – was one of my favorites. One of the best laid out stories in a long time for a TV show. I really miss Babylon 5. I got the full Movie Collection for this for Christmas, and Emmy just bought me the entire series on DVD. I am thrilled!
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – I started out not liking Buffy, as the movie from the 80’s was so silly, but it grew on me as I watched it and became attached to the characters. Was a cult classic for Sci/Fi/Fanasty Tv.
- Angel – A spin off from Buffy, Angel was the vampire with a soul looking for redemption for the evil things he had done. He does that by helping people. Many stars from Buffy make guest appearances over here.
- John Doe – I rather liked this one. The whole,”Who am I, what happened to me?” was pretty cool.
- Special Unit 2 – Rather funny.. sorta like Men in black without the dignity.
- Dead Like Me – I love the dark humor of this. I wish they would bring it back on normal TV.
- Highlander – There can be only one! Let it be Duncan Macleod! I really enjoyed these. Why? I dunno. I guess it was just the sword and sorcery of it all.
- Avatar (In 3D it is the most visually awesome movie I ever seen)
- The Matrix Trilogy (The First one was the best, but all of them were good.)
- The Lord of The Rings Trilogy (After growing up on these, seeing them brought to life was awesome!)
- The Harry Potter Movies (All of them. They are magical.)
- 300 (Awesome Action!)
- The Patriot (The scene where Mel Gibsons character goes off killing the British soldier in front of his kids was….)
- The Astronaut Farmer (It was a wonderful reminder to always try for your dreams, and to dream big!)
- The Original Highlander and Dune. Looking back on them, they are kinda hoaxie, but I still enjoy them.